Hot News 24h

Post Top Ad

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Migrants get credit after rescuing wheelchair man from burning building in Spain


Spanish authorities said Wednesday they were considering granting an undocumented migrant home from Serbia Negal after he rescued a wheelchair man from a burning apartment.

Gorgui Lamine Sow, a street vendor, was walking the streets of Denia on Friday when he heard a nearby scream. .

He ran into the crowd, watching black smoke from the second floor windows. "They told me there was a man inside the house," the 20-year-old told Reuters Space. I didn't think anything. I dropped my belongings and started to climb. ”

He climbed through the balcony into the flaming apartment. When he got inside, he raised the man inside the house on his shoulder and led him down the stairs By neighbors.

Local media identified the victim as 39-year-old Alex Caudeli Webster.

"If Gorgui didn't pull Alex to safety, Alex would not be alive," said neighbor Roberta Etter. Gorgui saved his life. "

When emergency crews approached the scene, rescuers were shocked. "If the police saw me, they would have killed me. Confiscate my goods. And if they take it from me, we will have nothing to eat tomorrow. "

After learning that the man he rescued was OK, he picked up the bracelet and necklace he was selling Leave the scene.
The story of the rescue has gained popularity across the country, comparing it with migrants from other countries. Mali, who last year climbed a block of Paris apartment to rescue a boy on the fourth floor.

No comments:

Post Top Ad

Pages